Wedding destination in Italy: elegance, traditions and high-quality cuisine for your perfect day
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life; and choosing the perfect venue to celebrate it is one of the most difficult decisions for couples who plan to tie the knot. Italy takes an honorable place among the most coveted wedding destinations. Its great artistic heritage, natural beauty, and the warmth of its people render it a perfect location for an exclusive wedding, delighting both the newlyweds and the guests who will witness this beautiful day.
Why choose Italy as your wedding destination
Wedding planners from all around the world know this well: Italy is one of the most popular choices for destination weddings in the world. Choosing this country as your wedding venue means giving yourself the gift of a unique experience surrounded by historical landmarks, breathtaking views, and the world's most-loved cuisine.
Best locations to get married in Italy
Italy has plenty of venues perfect for an unforgettable destination wedding. We see it as a top choice among the world's biggest VIPs and celebrities: from the Italian-style wedding ceremony of George Clooney at an opulent villa in Lake Como; to the one of Fedez e Chiara Ferragni in Noto, Sicily; to the one of Kim Kardashian at Forte Belvedere in Florence.
However, the list of exclusive wedding locations does not stop there: think of the Amalfi Coast and the Ligurian Riviera, the charm of Rome and Venice, the castles of Lazio and the picturesque little borgos and villages of Puglia. An extraordinary variety of landscapes, historical sites, and cultural attractions will help you create the perfect setting for your luxury wedding.
Getting married in Italy: Why choose Tuscany
Of all the wedding venues in Italy, Tuscany makes the top of the list of many wedding planners thanks to its natural splendor, ancient history, and much-adored food and wine specialties. A skyline of rolling hills, castles, medieval fortresses, and neat rows of vineyards make Tuscany a perfect location for your dream wedding.
In particular, the region of Chianti boasts a number of castles and historical residences that can become a perfect venue for your event: Tuscan villas are the top choice for elegant and exquisite wedding receptions. The region owes its popularity to the beautiful landscapes, spacious gardens, and wide range of services these residences offer. Many of these hotels have been carefully renovated to meet the needs of the newlyweds and their guests, paying much attention to maintaining the authenticity of the place. A unique combination of old-world charm and a romantic atmosphere guarantees an unforgettable experience for the bride and the groom and their guests. Renovated with much thought and attention to detail, these structures offer limitless opportunities for the newlyweds to arrange their unique ceremony before taking a memorable photo in front of the scenic landscapes of the Chianti hills.
While organizing a wedding ceremony, you have to keep in mind the varied needs of your guests as well. Choosing an all-inclusive facility means offering your friends and family top-notch hotel services, relaxing activities, and exciting entertainment options they will surely enjoy. The wider the range of services, the more personalized the experience of every guest will be. This way, your party will turn into a memorable event, which every guest will associate directly with the couple and their hospitality.
Five iconic places for a wedding photoshoot in Tuscany
Tuscany offers a number of iconic places for couples willing to capture the most beautiful day of their lives on camera.
Here are the top five location spots:
- The Ponte Vecchio in Florence: located in the heart of the city just a few feet away from the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, this is one of the most famous bridges in the world and one of the best places to enjoy the sunset over the Arno river.
- The Piazza del Campo in Siena: the square hosts the major events of the Palio, which is the impressive horse race between the "contrades" of the city, and is a must-visit place for everyone in love with medieval architecture.
- The Pisa Tower: another site that needs no presentation, the inclining tower has become one of the Italian symbols of architecture. In fact, it is easy to come across dozens of couples who travel there on purpose for a fun and unusual photo on the Piazza dei Miracoli (Square of Miracles).
- The beaches along the Etruscan Coast: Tuscany can enchant sea lovers as well. Only a few coasts in the world can compete with its crystal-clear sea water and pristine beaches, perfect for a kiss after the wedding ceremony.
- The rolling hills of Chianti: during summer, many couples prefer the welcoming climate of the green Sienese hills. The vineyards in the background are a perfect frame for a unique photo to capture the moment both on film and in your heart.